Review: Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

9:00 AM

Pages: 439 paperback
Publication date: September 1st 2009
Publisher: Scholastic  
How I got the copy: Bought
Rating: 5 out of 5

Summary:

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are still alive. Katniss should be relieved, but now there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

As the nation watches Katniss and Peeta, the stakes are higher than ever. One false move and the consequences will be unimaginable.



Review:

I loved this sequel. I will admit that I watched the movie before I read the book but I didn't mind knowing the story line.. It would have been more suspenseful if I hadn't watched the movie first but that was my fault, not the books fault.

Even though I did watch the movie before there were part in the book that didn't happen in the movie or scenes that happened slightly different than in the book. I thought the book was great, seeing as I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Majority of the book was being on tour and preparing to become mentors until The Hunger Games reaping rules are changed for the Quarter Quell. 

The pace of the book was good even though the majority of the book wasn't of the games excitement. There were suspenseful parts of the book that happen before the games, before the tour and during the tour.

I thought the ending had a great twist, I don't want to leave any spoilers even though I'm pretty sure most have already read Catching Fire. I'm so eager to know what happens next! I need to know. I will definitely be reading Mockingjay very soon, finish up the trilogy before the movie comes out this time.


Rating:





Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews