Review: Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz

6:00 AM

Pages: 252 (paperback)
Publication date: November 10th, 2009
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
How I got the copy: Bought
Rating:  4 out of 5 Stars

Summary:

Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades, an okay relationship with her parents, and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when a mysterious boy named Ben starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe he's trouble, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. Instead, she's inexplicably drawn to Ben and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help-but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

From the best-selling author of Blue is for Nightmares comes a new series that's sure to be a thrilling and chilling teen favourite.



Review:

I loved the writing of this book, it was so witty and funny but at the same time it was SO suspenseful for me. While I read this every time I picked up I would start getting anxious about who was sending her the pictures and secret gifts! The whole time I read this book I just wanted to know who it was and I read reviews how some people expected who it was or figured it out and I don't know how, I had no idea.

I hated how Ben was so secretive and kept dodging questions by asking Camelia another question. It would have been so much easier if Ben just answered things straight up instead of playing it hard to get and mysterious. 

I will definitely be picking up the next book in this penology. I enjoyed this book even though it made me feel so anxious and it aggravated me that she didn't want to tell anybody with authority. If someone was stalking me, leaving creepy phone calls and breaking into my house I wouldn't have hesitated in calling the police.

This was also a really fast and easy read, its only 252 pages and the text is pretty big. The terminology is straight forward and not complicated. I would definitely recommend this book to people who like an easy suspense/mystery book, but this is definitely not for those who want a complex psychological book.


I'm really curious about how the second book goes and what's it going to be about.

I gave this book a 4/5!

Rating:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Reading Challenges

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews